SERAGENG-The 34 year-old Charles Moswathupa, who was arrested for kidnapping, rape and murder of six year-old Boitumelo Matsekoleng from Serageng village in Nebo, abandoned his bail application when he appeared before the Nebo Magistrates Court last Thursday.
Moswathupa, who also abandoned bail application for the case of murder of a two year-old toddler, whose body was found at Koteng settlement outside Marble Hall, had his kidnapping, rape and murder case postponed to 03 December 2019.
The 34 year-old also had his Marble Hall toddler murder case remanded to 26 November 2019 when he appeared before the Groblersdal Magistrates Court on the same day.
Police said it was alleged that on Friday 07 December 2018 in the morning, the body of a two year-old boy was found in bushes near Koteng settlement outside Marble Hall with head injuries after he was allegedly reported missing the previous day.
Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo, Limpopo Provincial Police Spokesperson, said the suspect was later identified but he disappeared after realizing that police were tracing him.
Mojapelo said the deceased toddler was identified as Samson Sithole from Serageng village and Moswathupa was arrested on 03 October 2019.
This after being discharged from hospital due to injuries sustained from a mob attack by community members following a separate alleged attempted murder, kidnapping and rape of a six year-old girl, which took place between 30 September and 01 October 2019 in Nebo outside Groblersdal.
Mojapelo said the girl, six year-old Boitumelo Matsekoleng, who was later found brutally raped, was reported missing on 29 September 2019 in the Nebo area outside Groblersdal.
The six year-old Boitumelo Matsekoleng spent two weeks in ICU at Polokwane Hospital where she was treated for injuries sustained from the rape. She succumbed to the injuries last week.
Matsekoleng, who was a grade R pupil at Baithuti Mohlahledi Primary School at Serageng village in Nebo, was buried on Sunday.