Modikwa Management has again noted with concern that job scams are still continuing. There are individuals who deceptively posing as recruiters on behalf of Modikwa Platinum Mine circulating false advertisements in various media containing fabricated contact details (e-mail address and mobile number). When individuals respond to these fraudulent advertisements, they are normally instructed to transfer significant sums of money in order to process their documents.
Kindly note the following:
- Modikwa will never ask for fees from job seekers during any recruitment process, and any such requests will be fraudulent.
- We do not engage a third party to assist in our recruitment efforts.
- Modikwa will never use a gmail account or telephone number on its job adverts.
Subsequent to that:
- All posts that are available and open for application have standard email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and or fax number.
- Individuals who are recruited by Modikwa always undergo a formal recruitment process, which includes an in-person interview at the mine.
Employees who get involved in any recruitment scam activities will be dealt with in accordance with Modikwa disciplinary code and procedure.
We urge employees and members of the community receiving such scams to report to Modikwa Platinum Mine’s Protection Services Department at (013) 230 2072 or 082 606 2673. Blow the whistle on any crime and unethical practices on Toll Free 0800 006 792.