NEBO – A 53 year-old man who was arrested for fatally shooting two men in Phokoane village last month was remanded to custody when he appeared before Nebo Magistrates Court last Wednesday.
The suspect, Kapudi Petrus Choma had his case postponed to 31 August 2018 without bail for further police investigations.
According to police, Choma’s arrested followed an incident that occurred in Phokoane village in Nebo when the suspect allegedly shot and killed two men on Sunday 13 May 2018 in the morning.
Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe, Limpopo Provincial Police Spokesperson, said the man was then detained in the police holding cells after he handed himself in at the Nebo Client Service Centre and further informed police officers on duty that he had fatally shot two men when they attempted to hijack his motor vehicle.
Ngoepe said further police investigations were still being conducted to establish the circumstances of the shooting.
“Legal gun owners are reminded to always comply with the provisions of the Firearm Controls Act. Any contravention of this act may result in the owner being declared unfit to possess a firearm in addition to criminal charges that will be pressed against them,” advised Ngoepe