MODIKWA PLATINUM MINE
Private Bag X 9120
INVITATION FOR BURSARY APPLICATION FOR 2018 ACADEMIC YEAR MODIKWA MINE BURSARY FUNDING ALLOCATION FOR 2018
Modikwa Platinum Mine invites students to apply for Bursary Funding for the academic year 2018. The Bursary will be available to students intending to study full time at South African Learning Institutions.
To qualify for financial assistance, students should meet the following selection criteria:
- The student must have passed grade 12 with “exemption”.
- The student should have a letter of acceptance from the learning institution, e.g. University, final results, covering letter and additional supporting documents if necessary.
- More focus shall be given to mining related courses. However that doesn’t exclude other fields that are not mining related
- Preference shall be given to the mine’s host communities (specifically seven villages including Hwashi Trust), Greater Tubatse and Sekhukhune District Municipality.
- Mine employees’ kids also do qualify for bursaries but point 4 above takes preference.
- Family background of the kids shall also be taken into consideration, e.g. qualifying kids whose guardians are pensioners or not working shall be given preference.
- Students who funded their first year at tertiary institution and passed well will be considered.
- Due to limited funding the mine reserves the right to add more selection criteria as it deems fit.
Applications will be close on the 31 January 2018 and no late application will be considered. Applicants who have not been contacted by Modikwa Platinum Mine within 28 days should consider their application as being unsuccessful.
The awarding of bursaries is at the sole discretion of the Modikwa Platinum Mine. Only limited opportunities are available as the mine is supporting other bursary holders who are still busy with their studies.
The mine has a right to withdraw the bursary assistance if the student has other bursary arrangements.
|Please email applications to : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Further enquiries: 0132302070 / 0132302069|
MODIKWA PLATINUM MINE An unincorporated joint venture between Rustenburg Platinum Mines Limited and ARM Mining Consortium Limited.
Steelpoort Region, Mpumalanga, Private Bag X 9120, Driekop, 1129, South Africa. T +27 (0) 13 230 2000. F +27 (0) 13 230 2192.
Rustenburg Platinum Mines Limited Registration Number: 1931/003380/06. ARM Mining Consortium Limited Registration Number: 2001/001997/06.
Directors: Rustenburg Platinum Mines Limited (1931/003380/06) – CI Griffith (Chairman) AR Hinkly PJ Louw J Mokoka J Ndlovu B Nqwababa DW Pelser I Pillay VP Pillay M Poggiolini G Smith. ARM Mining Consortium Limited (2001/001997/06) – PT Motsepe (Chairman) M P Schmidt M Arnold L B Boshielo MK Lingwati SJ Maebela
SJ Mashigo PL Matjie AJ Wilkens